High Knob Utilities, Incorporated (HKUI) is a nonprofit public utility established to provide water to the High Knob community. HKUI is licensed by the Virginia Department of Health.
Our Company & Budget
HKUI was incorporated October 5, 1996. The corporation’s general operations are overseen by a five member Board of Directors. High Knob Utilities, Inc. is wholly owned by the High Knob Owner’s Association, Inc. (HKOAI).
The HKUI directors are elected annually by the HKOAI board of directors, collectively voting the HKUI shares held by HKOAI. The annual meeting is held in October.
Our corporate bylaws were last modified in 2009.
To see our annual budget click here:
State Regulation & Tariff
The business operations of High Knob Utilities, Inc. are governed by a tariff issued by the Virginia State Corporation Commission, Division of Energy Regulation. The rates and procedures outlined in this tariff cannot be changed without the approval of the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
If you have questions or comments on this tariff, please submit them in writing to the attention of the HKUI Board of Directors:
• By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• By US Mail at 17 Windy Way, Front Royal, VA 22630
To contact the Division of Energy Regulation:
• Call the Division of Energy Regulation using the SCC's toll-free number (in Virginia only), 1-800-552-7945. In Richmond and outside of Virginia, phone (804) 371-9611. The SCC also has a TDD, telecommunications device for the deaf and hard of hearing, which may be reached by phoning (804) 371-9206.
• You may write the Division of Energy Regulation at P.O. Box 1197, Richmond, VA 23218.
• You may visit the Division of Energy Regulation on the 4th floor in the Tyler Building, 1300 E. Main St., Richmond, VA.
Our Board of Directors
You can contact the HKUI Board of Directors by email at:
Keith Arnett, President
Tom Lloyd, Vice-President
Carol Phillips, Secretary
Bill Wilcox, Director
Anthony Pomilla, Director
Board Meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 7pm in the HKOA Clubhouse.